(0.2) Some Invoker Bugs

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by brad, Apr 29, 2016.

1. brad Active Member Wiki Editor

United States
    Ratings:
    +36 / 38 / -7
    1. Invoker's Powershot can be cast without the ball, starting channel time and going on cooldown.

Repro:
    1) Be Invoker without posession of the ball
    2) Cast Powershot on any point

Result:
    Invoker will stop moving and cast the spell as if he did have the ball. He will start channeling and play an animation. The Powershot spell goes on cooldown as if it had been used.

Expected:
    To be unable to cast the spell. Possibly with an error stating you must have possession of the ball.

*Side note: This happens with any hero when using Kick without the ball. Is this an intended result?

2. While channeling Powershot, Kick and Sprint cooldowns are set to 9999.

These should probably just be given a cooldown equal to the length of the channeling time or locked out while channeling.

edit:
    3. Powershot does not make an impact sound when hitting walls

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  2. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

United States
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    #2 is an error in judgement, but I figured I may as well keep #1 in because it allows for one-timers. I was debating whether or not to let them hang there for up to 2 seconds so that teammates could set up shots with the invoker.

3. brad Active Member Wiki Editor

United States
    Ratings:
    +36 / 38 / -7
    Added another bug (#3)

So are you saying #1 is intended?

4. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

United States
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    Slightly. It's been in the game since Dota Strikers. I thought about removing it back then, but realized that it had more potential for plays without really detracting from the game at all. Powershot itself doesn't need any nerfs IMO, so I don't think there's any reason to force the full charge and eliminate any potential plays.

Also, just saw the #3 that you edited in. I'll fix that probably.

5. brad Active Member Wiki Editor

United States
    Ratings:
    +36 / 38 / -7

• This This x 1
  6. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

United States
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    #2 and #3 should both be fixed in 0.2b (which I'll release probably in a couple hours). Mostly just a bunch of bug fixes. I'm closing this as #1 is intended (to an extent). I'll revise #1 in the future probably.

Anyways, moving this thread to resolved for now.