Ideas Ability Ready Indicator

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by brad, Jul 23, 2015.

1. brad Active Member Wiki Editor

United States
    Ratings:
    +36 / 38 / -7
    In Dota 2, there is a small indicator underneath each hero portrait that will light up when that hero's ultimate ability is ready to be used.

[​IMG]

When the ability is on cooldown, the diamond is greyed out, and when it is available to be used, it he icon is green. This small feature could help teams to coordinate better without having to constantly alt+click their abilities communicate.

One issue that I can see with this would be heroes with multiple abilities, and it could be somewhat inconsistent. For example, on Lina, it is obvious: the indicator would correspond with Pull, but with a hero like Hook from Banjoball, who has two separate hooks abilities (one for allies and one for enemies) this could be problematic. Also, for heroes with a special sprint as well as an ability (Invoker), or with a special sprint and no other ability (Anti-Mage), the effect is inconsistent.

A solution to this potential problem would be to consider the ability ready (and have a green light shown) when any of the heroes abilities are available and don't consider special sprints as an ability for the indicator.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
    • Mondle'd Mondle'd x 1
  2. K1ngfisher QOP spammer SEA Chief Wiki Editor Banjoballer

Maldives
    Ratings:
    +44 / 15 / -5
    People will start flaming me for not using blink when its off cd.

I like it.

• Mondle'd Mondle'd x 1
  3. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

Croatia
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    Generally speaking, any hero that will have multiple abilities will have their cooldowns linked. Examples are, from Banjoball, Hook (Pudge) whose ally and enemy hooks both go on cooldown when one or the other is used. Hopefully this means that it won't be inconsistent.

So yeah, I'll add this to the list of things to do eventually :QoPLaugh:

• Like Like x 2
    • Mondle'd Mondle'd x 1
  4. Hewdraw New Member Wiki Editor Developer

Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +6 / 5 / -0
    This is doable to put in. the only problem with it is that the indicator only works for ultimate abilitys. so all abilities that you put this for will show R as its hotkey even if it isnt on R

• Mondle'd Mondle'd x 1
  5. Reaver New Member Banjoballer

Denmark
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    Can't you change hotkeys for abilities anyway?

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. brad Active Member Wiki Editor

United States
    Ratings:
    +36 / 38 / -7
    Is it not possible to rework what makes it light up? I assumed since the Panorama UI is so moddable that there would be a way around this.

• Mondle'd Mondle'd x 1
  7. Hewdraw New Member Wiki Editor Developer

Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +6 / 5 / -0
    AFAIK that thing doesnt use panorama

• Creative Creative x 1