Banjoball Club Matches

Discussion in 'Club Matches' started by Dayne, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

Croatia
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    So this is an idea various players have had for a while and I believe it could work very well if introduced on the BBL server, but something we are lacking from the Warcraft 3 era is clan/club matches. We used to track player-organized and run teams that would compete against each other and we could track their scores on the forum / Discord servers.

A huge benefit to bringing this back is that it will greatly increase player skill levels as it allows them to shift out of a solo queue mentality and learn to play specific and consistent roles each club match with players they know. You'll presumably see higher levels of play in these matches than a lot of elo matches due to the organized teamplay.

Clubs don't necessarily have to be region locked, but (presumably) they will be filled with mostly the same region. This means we'll finally be able to see an unofficial NA v AUS match (@Lollies) :QoPLaugh:.

If we start doing this, clubs will require at least 5 members at founding and designate one of their members as the owner and one as the assistant owner.

If you make a post on the forums, we can assign you roles for your club on the Discord, and I can create a private subforum for your club here.

• Like Like x 3
  2. ozil the alien BBL Mod Staff Member Banjoballer

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I've already talked to Dayne about this and I like the idea a lot.... Would like some more feedback/suggestions from people on how they would like to see this implemented in the BBL Discord server

3. tajgi New Member The Star Strikers

Slovakia
    Ratings:
    +1 / 1 / -0
    nice

• Drunk Drunk x 1
  4. Storm Tulimyrsky Banjoballer

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Tbh, how the teams were displayed on the side when the Aus tournament was on is pretty much how I'd expect a clan/club system to be implemented in Discord. Having teams grouped together with their team name felt nice.
    Don't really need much more than that. Maybe a sub-tag to display what your own role is within the team would be useful though
    (eg, [Afro's Linis] [Team Captain] [Goalkeeper], that sort of thing).
    Provided the roles don't become tedious and cluttered of course. Maybe keep the roles simple (Attacker, midfield/mobility, defender, keeper) so you don't have to tailor them individually.

And idk maybe a chat channel to set up casual scrims outside of the ranked matches

I figure you guys have a decent idea already as to how to actually set most things up so this is all minor stuff.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Nilumo New Member Club WeLoveBalls

Denmark
    Ratings:
    +12 / 5 / -0
    Is there a good reason why you need 5 people for a club? If the club needs extra people in order to manage having the number for a game, isn't that their own problem?

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Tenkz #1 NS Worldwide Club Cx

Ratings:
    +48 / 20 / -13
    Just need the following 3 roles for each team:
    [Team Name Owner]
    [Team Name Captain]
    [Team Name Member]
    In addition, it might be smart to consider rules against team-hopping, such as a probation period where you only become a member after 3 days. We could easily keep track of this on the forums.

• Like Like x 2
    • This This x 1
  7. Biz Top 5 Banjoballer Club Cx

Ratings:
    +47 / 26 / -4
    Fix game > Full Release > Competition

Until then it would just be more arbitrary ranks and rainbow derdan colors that nobody can keep track of. There's not enough people in any given region to have a meaningful separation of actual teams.

8. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

Croatia
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    It would be their own problem, but having an extra guaranteed member would mean that there will be less clubs that can't play due to inactivity. IMO forcing clubs of 5 means that there will be more likelihood there's going to be more clubs online and ready to play at any given moment.

However, you might be right and we won't have any of those issues.

I think some rules against clan hopping could be good. Like, a guarantee that you'll stay on a team for a full week or two. Not sure.

• Like Like x 2