Bugs & Dreams

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jomon, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Jomon New Member Club WeLoveBalls

Germany
    Ratings:
    +1 / 1 / -0
    Hey guys,

i wrote down some ideas and known bugs. If you want to add anything or you know how to reproduce a bug in detail, let me know or post it directly at github. Link

Bugs:
    • Referee hunting ball
    • Referee earthshaker abuse: If you wait inside of your goal with earthshaker and the referee comes and hits the ball, you can slam the ball across the field inside the enemy goal. There should be a max force on slam.
    • Goal Box physics: If you use Blink, Tackle, invoker dash, powershot against the side of the goal box, you will get teleported infront of the goal.
    • ball snatching with blink: The collision check is done after the movement, so you can snatch the ball from the enemy goal. I still dont know if thats a cool gameplay "feature" or should get fixed
    • Lina pull: If Lina pulls and gets really close, she can glitch through the enemy player and steal the ball.
    • Puck orb: Its still weird. I dont think the visuals shows the real position of the orb.
    • Shooting through Players: If you steal the ball and the ball is still inside of the enemy player, you can shoot through them.
    • Timer: Timer starts to early in Dota 7.0
    • Pickphase: If you pick after the time's up, you can't use spells.
    I'd like to discuss some ideas to make banjo more interessting, because i think the game needs one more basic gameplay element (independed of the hero you play). The ideas might not be well well thought out :)

Dream:
    • Slightly faster passes if you pass without turning and in a short time frame. Maybe the speed could stack up for each "fast" pass.
    • High Shots: Slow high shots, but you can't get it over somebodys head if he is infront of your face.
    • Jumps on the field and shots while in air, but slower than a normal pass.
      You can only jump without the ball.
      Slark should jump higher and faster.
      Jump should use the initial momentum.
    • Center the camera on the hero and let it automatically follow. Toggle with space or something
    • Maybe remove Backswing from the kick ability, so you can queue up spells, like smash or slam. Dont know if thats really necessary.
    • Remove Blackhole or rework: I think trapping other players is a shitty idea
    • Rubick spell steal hero when
    • -repick
    League related:
    At the moment im implementing Stats-Tracking and i could open that for public games as well. Do you think thats a good idea? I mean if we only show mmr for signed up league players, we would get more attention :)

2. Arhowk Member Developer

Ratings:
    +15 / 5 / -40
    • Referee hunting ball
    Can someone make some reproduction steps and post on the Github, thanks
    • Referee earthshaker abuse: If you wait inside of your goal with earthshaker and the referee comes and hits the ball, you can slam the ball across the field inside the enemy goal. There should be a max force on slam.
    Will hopefully be resolved in the next patch
    • Goal Box physics: If you use Blink, Tackle, invoker dash, powershot against the side of the goal box, you will get teleported infront of the goal.
    Will be resolved in the next patch
    • ball snatching with blink: The collision check is done after the movement, so you can snatch the ball from the enemy goal. I still dont know if thats a cool gameplay "feature" or should get fixed
    If this doesn't get fixed in the same bugfix that fixes the above thing with goal boxing, than it probably won't get fixed
    • Lina pull: If Lina pulls and gets really close, she can glitch through the enemy player and steal the ball.
    Probably won't get fixed in the next patch but if someone could get a video of it on the github it would help it get resolved in the future
    • Puck orb: Its still weird. I dont think the visuals shows the real position of the orb.
    Will look into this, i might just buff Puck all together and dodge this bug for now
    • Shooting through Players: If you steal the ball and the ball is still inside of the enemy player, you can shoot through them.
    intended
    • Timer: Timer starts to early in Dota 7.0
    • Pickphase: If you pick after the time's up, you can't use spells.
    Will be fixed with the new upcoming hero selection screen

• Slightly faster passes if you pass without turning and in a short time frame. Maybe the speed could stack up for each "fast" pass.
    Might see some changes like this in the future, we always wanted to implement variable shot strength since myll-times but there was never a clean way to do it that we found
    • High Shots: Slow high shots, but you can't get it over somebodys head if he is infront of your face.
    I realistically don't see this happening. Most of the current gameplay is balanced around the game being two-dimensional with the exception of certain, select abilities
    • Jumps on the field and shots while in air, but slower than a normal pass.
      You can only jump without the ball.
      Slark should jump higher and faster.
      Jump should use the initial momentum.
    See above
    • Center the camera on the hero and let it automatically follow. Toggle with space or something
    Will look into this for the next patch
    • Maybe remove Backswing from the kick ability, so you can queue up spells, like smash or slam. Dont know if thats really necessary.
    nah
    • Remove Blackhole or rework: I think trapping other players is a shitty idea
    Nah. I think the physics of it will be tweaked some more in future patches to more closely resemble it's warcraft 3 counterpart (which would remove that entrapment) but the fundamentals of the skill will remain the same
    • Rubick spell steal hero when
    May-b
    • -repick
    That's something that I hoped to do, not with the next patch with the first version of the hero selection but later on after the knicks of it are worked out