Ideas Channel for greater ball speed

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by K1ngfisher, Aug 1, 2015.

1. K1ngfisher QOP spammer SEA Chief Wiki Editor Banjoballer

Maldives
    Ratings:
    +44 / 15 / -5
    I've seen many people complain daily about the decrease in ball speed. It's easier for us high ping players, however the vocal majority I've heard of don't like this change very much so I would like to propose this idea: Channeling for greater shot speed.

Pros:
    +Finer control of the ball
    +Great for extra short/long passes since they don't have to be direct
    +Shots can be more powerful if you can channel it, allowing other heroes to be more viable off/def outside of their special abilities. (Q)

Cons:
    -Easier to predict
    -Might be hard for high ping players to execute (need testing)

Idea is based off windrunner's powershot (DotA, 2nd skill) where damage and range increases the longer you channel it. Also based off popular football games (FIFA/PES) where pass speed and shot speed can be controlled using fine touch of the controls. Just a harmless idea I was thinking of ever since I saw all the backlash against that change. Tell me what you guys think!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

United States
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    Nah just let them complain. They'll get used to it eventually.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. MrRektion loldeg supreme Banjoballer

Ratings:
    +33 / 12 / -3
    Or dayne, crazy thought. Take it into consideration? It's not an awful idea, maybe you could test it out or at least morph into something cool of your own making?

4. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

United States
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    Well, I mean, its already been tossed around before. I'm down to look into it in the far future, but not right now.

5. Biz Top 5 Banjoballer Club Cx

Ratings:
    +47 / 26 / -4
    As far as every kick being charged I'd say no. It would be even more favorable to low-laggers and whoever masters it will abuse it quickly. And overall it would just complicate the game (which few new players have even been able to grasp given the current simplicity of the 5~ hero metagame).

However I think it would be a cool idea for a slight-shot/Bow type of hero. Where their special ability puts them in a stance where they can charge a shot to be very short or very far, and possibly even angle it. Makes me think of those old school stick-figure archery games.

6. Lethal Moderator Staff Member Banjoballer

Ratings:
    +71 / 23 / -12
    I'm not a fan of this idea. Passing is one of the most basic functions of the game, and I'd rather not see it overcomplicated. Newer players would be at an even bigger disadvantage, and I really doubt that the amount of "control" a player would have would be dramatically altered. I'll echo Biz and Dayne in saying that it could be a decent new hero idea but that these types of things are extremely low priority.

• Like Like x 1