Crash Bug Tests

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Nilumo, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Nilumo New Member Club WeLoveBalls

Denmark
    Ratings:
    +12 / 5 / -0
    We all probably know about the crash bug, but I wanted to share my progress in recreating the crash bug so far.

Term: Infinity circle:
    Make a circle of heroes, where each hero will face the next hero in the circle, making them pass the ball around infinitely.

#1 Make all 8 heroes (using cheats) go around a small area using patrol without the ball = no crash
    #2 Do #1 but with the ball, making them take it from one another = crash eventually
    #3 Make a infinity circle of 8 heroes = crash eventually
    #4 Make infinity circle of 4 teammates = no crash
    #5 Make a infinity circle of 3 heroes, one of which is an enemy = crash eventually
    #6 Do #5, but stopping the loop after 1-5 min = crash ca. 30 sec. after stopping the loop. This only works sometimes. I think it is because you have to guess when the error occurs.
    #7 The above tests done on "the testing zone" will not make the game crash.
    Note: The methods which makes the game crash, is usually running for about 2-6 min. before the crash is happening. #2 can be longer depending on the setup of patrol.

My conclusions:
    #1 The crashes is caused by steals. (as of #4 and #5)
    #2 The crash will occur delayed to the error that caused the crash. (as of #6)
    #3 The crashes will only occur on dedicated servers. (as of #7)

Feel free to:
    Try retest these methods and see if you get a different result.
    Think about different tests to further narrow the occurrence of crash error.
    Think about what could be causing this.

Edit: Made it more readable/less confusing.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. ozil the alien BBL Mod Staff Member Banjoballer

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Could it have something to do with the "Stolen" text that appears after a steal?

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

United States
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    I've been taking a look into everything ball related ever since Nilumo first messaged me these.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

United States
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21