Dota Strikers Version 0.3a

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Dayne, Jul 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

Croatia
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    I messed up with v0.3 and released without the new map (but with all the code based on the new map). Whoopsies.
    Here's the changelog:
    GENERAL:
    • New Map
    • Tackle Particles Decreased
    • Assist Tracking Implemented
    • Outer goal box widened (415 > 500)
    • Referee Ball Bug Fixed
    • Decreased kick force (1700 > 1450)
    BALANCE:
    • Increased Black Hole starting force
    • Increased Black Hole radius for the only the ball (350 > 500)
    • Tackle slow time decreased (4 seconds > 2)
    • Decreased Night Stalker's empowered kick modifier (1.4x > 1.2x)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
    • Like Like x 6
  2. brad Active Member Wiki Editor

United States
    Ratings:
    +36 / 38 / -7
    Damn why do I have to be at work until 12:30? :(

edit:
    the field is sexy as fuck. goooood job

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    • Mondle'd Mondle'd x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BioCreature S.C. Banjolona

Ratings:
    +5 / 2 / -1
    New map: I like it. It finally has lines to help players judge distance better.
    The biggest thing that wasn't directly mentioned in the notes.. goal posts have been added! Now here is what I have found after playing around with them. The bounding box for the radiant tower is how I would expect it to work, but the dire tower must have a different bounding box than the radiant tower because the dire tower sometimes bounces the ball the wrong way. So to fix, either change the bounding box of the dire tower to be that of the radiant tower or just use radiant towers on both sides. I personally would think that having the radiant tower on both sides would be best because the radiant tower is more circular; whereas, the dire tower is sort of rectangular.

Referee: I did something in my testing that caused the referee to shake a lot like he has tremors. I don't know what I did to cause it, and I haven't managed to cause it a second time.

Outer goal box widened (415 > 500): It makes it harder to score from the sides.

Decreased kick force (1700 > 1450): With the new map that has lines, the kick distance is now ~9 lines.

Increased Black Hole radius for only the ball (350 > 500): It seems to actually stop the ball now instead of just slowing it. So he can be played GK again.

Tackle slow time decreased (4 seconds > 2): This might be just enough time for a skilled blood seeker player to steal the ball and make distance away from the target. I don't think a novice blood seeker player would be effective with just 2 seconds. So this hero will probably turn into QoP where you only see him played in skilled matches.

Decreased Night Stalker's empowered kick modifier (1.4x > 1.2x): ~10 lines of total distance which is only ~1 line more than a normal kick. But the real thing being nerfed here is the starting speed of the kick. I would need to test it against a skilled GK to know if it is properly nerfed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Arhowk'd Arhowk'd x 1
  4. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

Croatia
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    Just for reference, before the nerf, kick distance was actually ~8 lines.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tenkz #1 NS Worldwide Club Cx

Ratings:
    +48 / 20 / -13
    Definitely enjoying the new changes, goalie is fun now, even with 50ms. Also, just wanted to note a bug for statskeeping, the GAME WINNING GOAL does not count toward the Goals stat.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Biz Top 5 Banjoballer Club Cx

Ratings:
    +47 / 26 / -4
    Can we get some insight on how assists are tracked? Is it simply just a timer?

Playing last night, I stole the ball from an enemy.. passed it to a teammate. My teammate then turned it over to the opposing Slark (5 hand-offs back and forth) and the opposing Slark scored, the entire opposing team got assists (including their goalie).

7. Hewdraw New Member Wiki Editor Developer

Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +6 / 5 / -0
    Assists count if an ally touched the ball within 15 seconds while no opponent touched it for more then half a second... unless dayne changed something about it

• This This x 1
  8. L1ghtniNG Gnome Banjoballer Zealot Hockey Wiki Editor Club Cx

Ratings:
    +15 / 24 / -20
    I think assists should be within like 5 seconds at most

9. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

Croatia
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    15 second period. If the turnover to the other team is <.5 seconds it doesn't wipe assists from a back-and-forth accidental handoff (might need to review that code to make sure its functioning properly).

Slams count as goals if on the enemy team or not at all if on your team. Black holes always count as assists if they touch the ball.

Edit: oh hewdraw posted.

@lite, yeah the length of time might be a bit long.

10. brad Active Member Wiki Editor

United States
    Ratings:
    +36 / 38 / -7
    I think 5-8 seconds is a lot better than 15. 15 is waaay too long. Assists shouldn't be everything leading up to the goal. Just what directly contributed to scoring, which is reflected a lot better in the lower time frame.

11. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

Croatia
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    Eh generally speaking that 15 seconds will get cut into by the other team. If any player on a possesses the ball for more than .5 seconds it wipes the other team's assists.

12. brad Active Member Wiki Editor

United States
    Ratings:
    +36 / 38 / -7
    Sure, if they get the ball. But if they don't, my point still stands.

13. Biz Top 5 Banjoballer Club Cx

Ratings:
    +47 / 26 / -4
    Should be 3-5 seconds.
    Only a pass (or ability use, like a Slam Launch/BH/Pshot) directly leading to a goal should count as an assist.

A goalie/defender who threw the ball forward 10 seconds ago before any play even develops shouldn't get an assist.

14. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

Croatia
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    To clear up confusion about my last post, I agree with Brad and think 5-8 is a better time frame. But yeah 15 is mostly to make sure things are functioning properly atm and is way over what is should be. Also I disagree about only counting passes.

15. brad Active Member Wiki Editor

United States
    Ratings:
    +36 / 38 / -7
    Yeah after playing a few games, kick speed is atrocious. Passing has just been a frustrating experience for everyone in my games tbh. I understand a slight NS nerf to kick speed. But why overall kick speed as well? If this is meant to make GK stronger, I don't see the point since posts were fixed & the goal box was increased. Maybe you should look into buffing goal keeper heroes skillsets rather than making kick speed so slow.

16. TrencH Active Member Banjoballer

Ratings:
    +70 / 38 / -20
    Is this Dota Strikers or Dota Putters?

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • This This x 1
  17. Biz Top 5 Banjoballer Club Cx

Ratings:
    +47 / 26 / -4
    I actually like the lower kick speed, it slows down the pace of the game and makes it require more teamwork/passing and ability use. Before you could just AM around or counter with Lina and score every shot. It makes field play more engaging not just a goalie buff.

But nerfing the NS kick on-top of it made the hero really weak, now it is only 1740 kick force, which is basically a regular kick before.

I also feel like our kicks lack significant curving capabilities.

• Like Like x 2
    • This This x 2
  18. cell_destroyer Member Banjoballer

Ratings:
    +21 / 8 / -5
    Bale = Based original kick
    Bartra = Current kick/Derdan

In all seriousness we could at least settle for 1600-1650, and NS 1925+.

19. cootalfooeish New Member

United States
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm here to be on the bandwagon. Pitch forks grabbed, you what's up with the kick speed?

20. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

Croatia
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    Which one in particular? Are you upset that kicks don't zoom past players anymore or that almost 100% of simple passing play near a goal no longer results in a goal due to ball speed? It brought a little more balance to a lot of heroes. Swap is more useable again, slark's jump shots are a tad less strong (air balls need a nerf in general though still), night stalker got overnerfed along with kick speed (so I'll fix that), tackle only needs a tiny speed boost to stay on the ball (instead of the really large one it needed before that wouldn't have been possible balancewise). It gives me more wiggle room to nerf Earthshaker (because it allows me to add a real delay onto the slam while still being in range for a slam shot). Most of kick's distance occurred immediately after the ball left your possession. The ball is now a much more consistent, similar speed through its whole kick instead of VERY quick at the start but immediately slowed down.

I'm ready for the dislike bandwagon to hit me hard on this post, but my mind's set for now.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Arhowk'd Arhowk'd x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.