Dota Strikers Version 0.3a

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Dayne, Jul 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cell_destroyer Member Banjoballer

Ratings:
    +21 / 8 / -5
    Making games twice as long is a funny idea of balancing.

"ball zoomed past players!"

You could just pull speed a bit back up and it'll be fine (1550-1650), it's not hard to admit you overdid it with the nerf.

It's not a kindergarten playground dayne, kicks could be very well intercepted, and if you had gone for just a little less speed it would've been fine.

If your whole objective is to slow down the game, that's fine, that's the direction you want to take the game in, but don't claim its balancing. Swap was already usable by skilled players, slark was pretty much skill against goalkeepers skill, ES was the only OP one, and even more OP now that ball travels slower. Nightstalker is complete shit and im sure most here would agree. There are also other implications, like bloodseeker GK being able to save any 1v1 against normal shots.

You're right dayne, it looks very consistent:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Mets Administrator Staff Member Banjoballer Zealot Hockey

Ratings:
    +68 / 20 / -3
    Yeah this is pretty much what happened every time. If you had a slark or ES on your team,it was basically a guaranteed goal every time down unless the other team had an ES goalie and timed their slam perfectly. Now you can actually play goalkeeper with different heroes effectively.
    Almost every game I play, Lina is top 2 in pickups. The only time I see it not first is if there's a very good player on AM. It's still by far the best defensive hero in the game.

I never saw a single person play Swap well until it got buffed. I still haven't seen anyone play it well besides myself and occasionally SwapCity. Slark was hilarious easy and overpowered (still is), any random pub player can score 10 goals with it. The only way of countering it is by perfectly timing a slam with ES. Nightstalker isn't shit, but it's kick speed could get buffed up a little bit. Bloodseeker can't save every 1v1 against normal shots, not even close. It's way harder to play tackle keeper in this than it was in Banjoball vs normal shots, let alone vs an ES or Slark.

• Like Like x 2
  3. cell_destroyer Member Banjoballer

Ratings:
    +21 / 8 / -5
    And now it isn't a guaranteed goal? They're just as strong, except that gameplay is slower and ES GK becomes even more OP now due to more time to react.

What does this have to do with anything? If anything it just shows the nerf to bloodseeker was unnecessary.

Swap wasn't the most popular hero, and it will never be because the mechanics don't make it as attractive as other heros, but skilled players could still play swap properly. Swap's impact is actually weakened because of slower ball, since it doesn't have any other special abilities. Nightstalker is much weaker now, a 400 power nerf? Nightstalker's strength came from finishing and passing and that was severely weakened in this version.

Just answer this, is a middle ground between original ver and this ver's speed such a hard thing to grasp? It's only a small speed buff (1550-1600), games are severely longer right now and it takes fun away when ball is so sluggish, the nerf was overdone. Dayne just seems hellbent on keeping it current speed just for the sake of it and 2 YES men telling him it's fine.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  4. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

United States
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    How is this even an argument? You literally said in your last post that slark wasn't op and I never said that this nerfed Earthshaker. I did say, if you read my post correctly, that it actually gives me room to nerf him with anything more than a .10 second delay onto slam.

Night Stalker nerfs were overdone, no one is arguing about that. I've already stated it will be buffed back up several times, but kick speed's sticking for now.

5. cell_destroyer Member Banjoballer

Ratings:
    +21 / 8 / -5
    That wasn't even my argument, that was your reason to nerf ball speed.

Not really answering anything, refer to this v

6. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

United States
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    Except that wasn't my argument either, cell, nor even my reason.

7. Mets Administrator Staff Member Banjoballer Zealot Hockey

Ratings:
    +68 / 20 / -3
    No. At least the other keepers have a chance now, before they didn't. Once all the changes Dayne's been talking about take place it'll be more balanced (casting time for slam, reduced ball speed for airborne shots).

You've complained about pull being nerfed, which shows you'll complain just about anything.

Ok, how many people have you seen play Swap well? A slower ball speed obviously helps Puck because it allows her more time to cast swap to intercept passes.

Games aren't long because of ball speed. They're long because of Lina and ES being OP. Play a game without those two heroes and it shouldn't be more than 15 minutes.

8. cell_destroyer Member Banjoballer

Ratings:
    +21 / 8 / -5
    Refer to this, Dayne v

This black-or-white type of argument has never worked for you, none of you 2 is able to answer why there can't be a middle ground between original speed and current one.

Yeah it's not like other people haven't complained about the speed either.

How many people even play swap competitively? Which skill level are we basing all these character assumptions from? Have you seen any decent pucks recently, if so how many?

Every good player is a potential good swap, ball speed doesn't matter at all.

Why not just play the game with 8 invokers, that will balance everything.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  9. Mets Administrator Staff Member Banjoballer Zealot Hockey

Ratings:
    +68 / 20 / -3
    Because it's fine the way it is? Wait and see how it is with all the of the changes that are planned.

Never saw anyone complain about it until you started making a fuss about it.

Having a Puck on your team before it got buffed was like a death sentence. Now it can actually contribute to your team. I've seen a few people play it decently, but no one play it particularly "well". A new player on Lina is still almost always better than even an experienced player on Puck.

• Like Like x 1
  10. cell_destroyer Member Banjoballer

Ratings:
    +21 / 8 / -5
    Funny, because you aren't omniscient, and the very first person i ask agrees it's too slow (You can also go check page one of this thread):

[​IMG]

Once again, because Lina has always been a hero with a stronger ability, not because of ball speed.

11. Tenkz #1 NS Worldwide Club Cx

Ratings:
    +48 / 20 / -13
    • Do not spam posts or make a high amount of posts that do not add meaningfully to the topic.
    Perhaps ban this cell_destroyer guy?

In relevance, the ball speed is necessary and IMO could even be slower in the net to give 80ms goalies a chance. With the new change, no shot is unsavable. Previously, several slamshots as well as slark shots were blatantly unsavable.
    Sure the ball speed makes passing iffy, but also gives defenders more of a chance to react and intercept a pass, which was previously also extremely difficult. The ball speed is also at much more of a consistent pace, rather than the major slowing that occurred mid-kick. Cell perhaps you should learn about the game before you begin bitching about it. Leave the suggestions and complaints to knowledgeable players.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Drunk Drunk x 1
    • Arhowk'd Arhowk'd x 1
  12. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

United States
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    Lol tenkz he's not spamming. The point of these threads is to discuss changes, and on most things I'm all ears (even if I may not seem like it).

• Like Like x 1
  13. CMillzer New Member Banjoballer

United States
    Ratings:
    +7 / 2 / -1
    Anti-mage overhaul when?

14. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

United States
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    What do you mean by overhaul?

Like, what do you want changed about it?

15. CMillzer New Member Banjoballer

United States
    Ratings:
    +7 / 2 / -1
    You said you were making anti-mage have more acceleration at the start but he gains it way slower over time.

16. Derdan Der "Fabelhafte" Dan Banjoballer

United States
    Ratings:
    +21 / 5 / -5
    Just wanna say, Dayne, nice touch on lowering the ball speed. It's perfect, also the best change that's ever been made to the game so far.

• Creative Creative x 1
  17. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

United States
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    Oh yeah. Its low priority I want to work with other heroes before focusing on toying with viable, existing heroes to make them more fun.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Sir Curveshot when? Banjoballer Zealot Hockey

Ratings:
    +23 / 23 / -6
    Dayne, curveshot when?

19. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

United States
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    maybe possibly eventually :)

20. Derdan Der "Fabelhafte" Dan Banjoballer

United States
    Ratings:
    +21 / 5 / -5
    Sir is itching to get a throw character; he's been forced to play serious Strikers for the past month.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.