Dota Strikers Version 0.5

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Dayne, Nov 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

United States
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    Oh hey can we pretend this game's still alive and being updated? I'll try to update more frequently (which isn't saying much, it's been like 3 months since any real change).

General:
    -Scoreboard: Added more cases for Steals/Turnovers (Ball handoffs and Pudge Hooks).
    -Added new emote: Fake Injury (plays death animation). Doesn't work with the ball.

Balance:
    -Slam shots now possible again (but not as easy as the original slam shot).
    -Enigma Black Hole force increased
    -Center of Black Hole traps object in (except for goalies)
    -Black Hole cast range decreased (1500 > 1000)
    -Black Hole forces decreased against goalies
    -Pull cooldowns increased (10/15/20/25/30 > 14/18/22/26/30)
    -Pull force decreased (1800 > 1700)

Bugfixes:
    -Powershot physics fixed.
    -Legacy Hotkeys should be fixed
    -Goalie jumps shouldn't work outside of goal anymore.

If Black Hole is too strong and Lina is too weak I'll change try to release a new version soonish to address that. Also Tiny.

2. Sleek ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Banjoballer Zealot Hockey Wiki Editor Club Cx

Ratings:
    +81 / 39 / -16
    betaball 1.21 when :geek:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • This This x 1
  3. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

United States
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    [​IMG]
    I was actually just opening it when you posted that LOL

• Like Like x 1
  4. K1ngfisher QOP spammer SEA Chief Wiki Editor Banjoballer

Maldives
    Ratings:
    +44 / 15 / -5
    I thought slam shot was pretty ok. Other than the fact that lag for even part of a second can mess it up.

Lina is my go-to when I know I'm gonna have to 1v4 (Teammates are too new and act like they've never seen a custom game before). Having pull off cd for every kickoff helps well.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

United States
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    You can actually get air on slamshots if you do it correctly now (like, enough air to get above a player). Most slam shots are still going to be grounders tho.

6. Nilumo New Member Club WeLoveBalls

Denmark
    Ratings:
    +12 / 5 / -0
    I like how you can make the slam shot loop(higher), if you shoot backwards now. Gives you additional options to pass the ball, or shoot at goal while still hard to pull off, as you need lot of space, and it is difficult to do at a precise angle.
    Have not played against any decent Lina's yet, but looking forward to see if you can feel the pull force decrease when you try swirl her around.
    The messed up powershot into fences seems to be gone (can still get stuck there for a few seconds, but not very useful to abuse), I don't like how it works now when hitting players. It has changed from depending on where you get hit by powershot, to determent which direction you would be pushed, to now only depend on the direction of the ball.
    Still early to make any radical opinions, but how I feel this lessens the skill ceiling of receiving powershot quite a lot. Before you had to consider exactly where you would get struck, to get the biggest advantages for the push, to now only depend on if the ball is hitting you or not.
    I has the upside of being more logical, and for new players less confusing, but I don't think Strikers should be build as a more casual game. Just like the heroes are not balanced around how good new players think they are (y, I'm looking at you Anti-mage and Invoker!), neither should be mechanics.

I have a tiny hope this only works like this because you tried fix the powershot/fence, and this is a bug?!?

7. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

United States
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    Nah powershots physics itself were a bug that I didn't want to keep in the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.