Strategy Earthshaker's Slam

Discussion in 'Coach's Corner' started by Mets, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Mets Administrator Staff Member Banjoballer Zealot Hockey

Ratings:
    +68 / 20 / -3
    Hey guys, thought I'd share with you some useful ways you can use Earthshaker's slam in Strikers.

Launchpad:
    [​IMG]
    You can use ES's Slam as a "launchpad" for your teammates, helping them become airborne and propelled toward the enemy net for quality scoring opportunities. Launching works really well with Anti-Mage's super sprint.

Slamshot:
    [​IMG]
    Earthshaker can slam balls in front of him to try and slam them into the net (or to pass downfield). One way to do this is just by kicking the ball toward the enemy net and quickly slamming to make the ball airborne.

Slamming the defense/goalkeeper:
    [​IMG]
    Probably the most common and effective way to use Slam is by just slamming the enemy goalkeeper/defense to get quality scoring chances.

Slamming as the goalkeeper:
    [​IMG]
    Earthshaker is also a really effective goalkeeper (probably the most effective goalie in the game ATM). You can use it in a multitude of ways as the goalkeeper, one of the best ways is just to slam away enemy shots.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Slaton Sorc before it was cool Staff Member Club Cx

United States
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Another good way to use slam as goalkeeper is to slam away enemy Earthshakers, Slarks, or any dangerous offense players in front of your net before they get the ball. Be careful not to blow away your defense also!

Great work Dan, you should definitely add this to the wiki. Probably just make a new page called Earthshaker Strategy or something and w

3. Marker New Member Banjoballer Zealot Hockey

United States
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Launchpad isn't as good as it was in banjo. In banjo there would be much more added momentum (as in the super sprint would be significantly faster, with the ability to get across the map in a few bounces), the bounces would be higher, and consequently the shooting point would be much higher (above even the jump capacity of the goalie). Launchpad seems as if it would only be good in front of the net, but isn't that just the same as slamming the defense/goalie away?

4. Mets Administrator Staff Member Banjoballer Zealot Hockey

Ratings:
    +68 / 20 / -3
    Nah, it's definitely pretty strong. I just did one from about midfield last game with Cell that resulted in a nearly impossible shot to save.

5. Slaton Sorc before it was cool Staff Member Club Cx

United States
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    The shots you get don't look as powerful, but they're harder to save.

6. brad Active Member Wiki Editor

United States
    Ratings:
    +36 / 38 / -7
    Even if it isn't as strong, it's in a pretty good spot. Slam is honestly a bit too strong of a skill right now without any delay on the shot. So if the instant cast is here to stay, it should be balanced out in other ways. (Like this)

7. Marker New Member Banjoballer Zealot Hockey

United States
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Eh, I think that's only because goalies aren't used to the new system, for instance the green circle around bh doesn't match up with it's grab range like it does in banjo. Once goalies get better, I don't see this being as useful.

8. Zordon I do magical things with balls.

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Definitely the strongest ES combo is ES/invoker. You can powershot the ball in from anywhere if the goalie is bad at timing the jump or has slightly off positioning. I won a game the other day by doing that combo 11 times with a friend.

9. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

Croatia
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    You could just slam shot it in at that point. Literally if the goalie can't jump and is that bad, any ES fwd combo will get you a goal.

If you're consistently letting in powershots you're a bad goalie. Hell even letting in a powershot at all.

10. Tenkz #1 NS Worldwide Club Cx

Ratings:
    +48 / 20 / -13
    Slamshots are currently ridiculously strong. I could just WQ without turning from mid field and it'd be way over the goalie's head, and inside the net, in less than 0.8 seconds.

11. 13ad7uck. FullofMana Banjoballer

United States
    Ratings:
    +11 / 2 / -5
    idk about u guys about i had huge success being goalie against terrible slark jumpers so im happy w/ jump

i dont have enough experience w/ earthshakers though so i cant voice my opinion on the matter

12. Biz Top 5 Banjoballer Club Cx

Ratings:
    +47 / 26 / -4
    From what I've seen..
    Engima GK > ES Fwd & Enigma Fwd > ES GK > Slark > Everything

Enigma goalie can stop players at range, making it an effective counter for long-range forwards like Engima and ES. However ES and Enigma forward absolutely rape ES Goalie, rendering it essentially useless or RNG depending on how good you can slam. The ES goalie is generally only effective at stopping air-shots since it just sends the ball to space... and since everyone else thinks Slark is op as shit/beats every goalie ability, that's usually what you'll face. (Good Slarks just ground-shot or wait for the slam, but 98% of people don't play with their brain).

There's an element of counter-picking that could be applied, but I dunno if anyone has figured it out. Obviously Shaman/QoP could be included as-well.

13. 13ad7uck. FullofMana Banjoballer

United States
    Ratings:
    +11 / 2 / -5
    bh fwd looks unstoppable to me in the 1v1 scenario

14. Biz Top 5 Banjoballer Club Cx

Ratings:
    +47 / 26 / -4
    The best thing you can do to stop it is BH him right after and hope you get out of his BH before he gets out of yours.
    It usually works pretty well since it is fairly hard to pass out of BH.

15. 13ad7uck. FullofMana Banjoballer

United States
    Ratings:
    +11 / 2 / -5
    ah true fight fire with fire

16. Canoped Future best goalie/defence. Banjoballer

Ratings:
    +6 / 9 / -0

For the life of me, powershots are my bane. The straight line is literally impossible to predict.

...I wish this were a joke...

• Like Like x 1
    • This This x 1
  17. Zordon I do magical things with balls.

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0

Its really hard to judge depth with the angle of the camera. I kind of wish when you went in the goal box it swapped sideways or something. Thats why everyone always covers close, unless you stand directly in front of someone its hard to judge where the ball is going.

18. Canoped Future best goalie/defence. Banjoballer

Ratings:
    +6 / 9 / -0
    Its true, but in BBall we had a way to make the camera angle face behind the goal keeper. It was a pain and didnt help much. Perhaps Dota Strikers can do it better?

19. Anti-God New Member Banjoballer

United States
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I don't know what it is (depth effect or whatever) but I can't accurately predict powershot trajectory either. Banjoball's pathing made sense, for some reason Striker's pathing just doesn't click with me.