European Banjoball Draft Tournament

Discussion in 'Competitive Play' started by L1ghtniNG, Aug 7, 2016.

1. L1ghtniNG Gnome Banjoballer Zealot Hockey Wiki Editor Club Cx

Ratings:
    +15 / 24 / -20
    The first, and hopefully not last EU tournament is underway! Register as an individual and you will be drafted by a Captain (Top player of EU League Season 2). The tournament will be hosted by Nilumo and myself on the Discord server in the #tournaments channel.

Draft
    Teams for this tournament will be decided via a player draft. The top ranked players from Season 3 of EU-BBL will become captains and will take turns picking from a pool of players who registered for the tournament. The captains themselves will be placed into a round and pick their team after that. This is to accommodate for possible skill gaps between captains, basically making it more even. The draft date is next Monday, August 15th 5pm CEST(11am EST), and the tournament will start immediately after the draft. Here is an example of how the draft would go if you didn't understand what it would look like: https://goo.gl/1lnzag. If you have any more questions about the draft, feel free to cantact either Nilumo or I on Discord or Steam.

General Rules
    • Players from any region are able to participate, however all games must be played on the European server: https://discordapp.com/invite/0ymW5P1TI3uzWgrE
    • This tournament is open to players of all skill levels.
    • Teams must be present on the Banjoball League Discord Server.
    • Teams must not be more than 15 minutes late for their game, if they are more than 15 minutes late they are disqualified.
    • Team captains will be invited to a separate Discord chat where they will need to provide results of the games, including a screenshot of the full end-game scoreboard.
    • There is currently no prize for winners, this tournament is more designed for fun and to ensure high quality Banjoball games, however that may change.
    In-game Rules
    • There is a one hero per team rule for this tournament, no team may pick more than one of the same hero. If a team picks two of the same heroes by mistake, the game must be remade.
    • If the game crashes, a player has a game-breaking bug (>Biz), or a player disconnects and cannot reconnect, the game must be remade at the same scoreline with the same heroes and played to 10 goals. For example, if the game crashed at 5-2, the first team would need to score 5 goals to win, and the second would need 8.
    • Each team has 5 minutes of total pause time during matches, to cater for disconnects. If more than 5 minutes has been used, the opposite team are allowed to announce they are un-pausing the game and the team with the missing player has to micro their hero.
    Register
    To register for this tournament, click on this link: https://goo.gl/ZzPAGR.

Anyways, I hope we can all have lots of fun with this, and good luck!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Drunk Drunk x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. L1ghtniNG Gnome Banjoballer Zealot Hockey Wiki Editor Club Cx

Ratings:
    +15 / 24 / -20
  3. L1ghtniNG Gnome Banjoballer Zealot Hockey Wiki Editor Club Cx

Ratings:
    +15 / 24 / -20
    I've had a lot of complaints about the fact that the tournament is on Monday August 15th, if a lot of you would like Sunday the 14th better or Saturday, I may decide to change the date. Let me know fams. If I don't hear from enough people on here that they prefer a different date then its not going to be changed. PCE

• This This x 1
  4. Sleek ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Banjoballer Zealot Hockey Wiki Editor Club Cx

Ratings:
    +81 / 39 / -16
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. tajgi New Member The Star Strikers

Slovakia
    Ratings:
    +1 / 1 / -0
    monday sux, im for sunday

6. Gray Member Banjoballer Zealot Hockey Club 50 Shades of Gray

Denmark
    Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -4
    Can't on none of these dates. Consider me not playing, enjoy the tour doe

7. prospeKt New Member Club WeLoveBalls

Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    +1 sunday

8. Biz Top 5 Banjoballer Club Cx

Ratings:
    +47 / 26 / -4
    Weekends are obviously universally better for things like this where a group of people all need to be available for a period of time.
    Changing it like the day before seems almost as bad as scheduling it on a Monday in the first place though. Gnome tier.

• This This x 1
  9. L1ghtniNG Gnome Banjoballer Zealot Hockey Wiki Editor Club Cx

Ratings:
    +15 / 24 / -20
    Due to the fact that we don't have enough for even a 4 team tournament (technically enough but a few sketchy people as to whether theyu will show or not), it will be cancelled. We may be able to do this at a later date however, so stay tuned.

• Mondle'd Mondle'd x 1