Invoker - Strange powershot catch physics

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by brad, Jul 16, 2015.

1. brad Active Member Wiki Editor

United States
    Ratings:
    +36 / 38 / -7
    When a hero catches a powershot, the direction they are pushed in is partially determined by which direction they are currently facing. The expected result is that they would be pushed solely based on the trajectory of the powershot, but this is not what happens. I'm not sure if this is a bug or an intended aspect of catching a powershot.

Here is a video highlighting this issue:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  2. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

Croatia
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    I've been under the impression it was intentional, and I've been trying to decide how I actually feel about it, but I'm leaning towards dislike mainly due to how inconsistent it is. If it were 100% based on facing angle I think it would be a different story, but it seems to only be affected by facing angle in certain situations.

3. brad Active Member Wiki Editor

United States
    Ratings:
    +36 / 38 / -7
    The result is just inconsistent as you said. To me, it's also very counter-intuitive. I would argue that most players, new or veteran, would expect the hero to be knocked in the direction that the powershot was moving. I don't think that changing this would do anything other than make the game play more intuitive and less frustrating.

4. Biz Top 5 Banjoballer Club Cx

Ratings:
    +47 / 26 / -4
    It should logically be pushing you in the direction the powershot is traveling. That it pushes you based on your direction is just completely random, and makes wisp OP.

5. MrRektion loldeg supreme Banjoballer

Ratings:
    +33 / 12 / -3
    From what I've seen is it only happens when the ball hits you in the front of the body and if you're facing away from the ball (to the sides like in the video), if it hits you even slightly in the back like in the last part of that video where he's facing left (and walks a little forawrd) then it works as intended but if you get hit in the front at all like where he's facing to the right then it follows your backwards direction. That's definitely a coding issue with where it's finding the trajectory it's taking some variable that is being affected by the facing direction of the hero rather than the opposite side of where he is hit.

6. Roken91 New Member

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I see Invokers doing lame tricks like this all the time now. It just frustrates me because I know that I can't really do anything about them overtaking me without using a special ability.

EDIT: If the ball was travelling the way it was supposed to be travelling I wouldn't care as much as I can expect the result, but since I can't, it causes me to always be at a disadvantage.

• Like Like x 1
  7. K1ngfisher QOP spammer SEA Chief Wiki Editor Banjoballer

Maldives
    Ratings:
    +44 / 15 / -5
    Says the guy with the slark pic.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • This This x 1