Ninja Revert?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zzz, Jun 23, 2018.

1. zzz aka Pimp/ImmortaL_GoD Banjoballer

United States
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    Saw people talking about nerfing Ninja. As many of you remember, Ninja use to be rarely used a few years ago, because you couldn't jump over other heroes with backflip. I think the problem is when this was changed, it caused huge power imbalances which, along with Tree slamshots being made easier, forced the ability to jump to be added to goalkeepers. I think Ninja would be absolutely fine if this change was to be reverted to Ninja, but with a twist. Create a threshhold of about 1-1.5 seconds when the Ninja has to reach maximum height to fully jump over heroes. Within this threshhold, you can grab the ball from him instantly, just like before. This should solve issues of Ninja jumping over entire defenses or grabbing ball from stealth immediately and backflip shooting. It also makes the hero a bit more skillful and tactical to play. Also, if there is a hero directly in front of the Ninja, have there be a small distortion/knockback effect, so that the ability will be more useful on defense. This will be rightfully useless most of the time on offense because the ball will be just be transferred to the hero in front. Furthermore, I can't remember if there was nerfs to his stealth in this time period, but those should possibly be reverted.