Not Much to See Here - Balances and Bugfixes

Discussion in 'Upcoming Changes' started by Dayne, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

Croatia
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    To be completely honest, I haven't worked much at all on anything in the mod this week (at least in terms of gameplay). Due to that combined with a lack of free time at the moment, the next version should probably be expected next Friday. Here's a preemptive list of things I'll try to work on if I get time.

Bugs Fixes:
    Neither of these are fixed yet but will be looked into and hopefully fixed this version
    • New ref bug (lel).
    • All of the ball particles bugs should be fixed if I change the ball to an actual model instead of particle (but I want to make a new ball model instead of the one I made before). This one is only really if I have a lot of free time next week.

Balance Changes:
    Earthshaker:
    • Delay on casting to make goalkeeping not as overpowered and to make earthshaker offense less reliable. The delay time atm is undetermined, but the goal is to make slam shots still possible, just harder.
    Enigma:
    • I'll be toying with Enigma more (as per usual). Next week I'll try to throw a test mod up and I can actually work with players to get Black Hole functioning well again.

Next Hero - Tiny:
    We've still got a lot of work to do on Tiny, but at the moment he has a lot of his base code already done (we're just working on making sure his design is a healthy one before he is released). More info on Tiny will probably be posted on this thread. If not, look for a full description next week.

P.S. while hewdraw works on Tiny I'll try to take some time to working on finally implementing Pudge.
    :QoPLaugh:

2. Sir Curveshot when? Banjoballer Zealot Hockey

Ratings:
    +23 / 23 / -6
    If new heroes that aren't direct banjoball ports like curveshot are going to be released, can they be implemented in a test mode first a la what we did in banjoball? I'm fine with hewdraw working on new dota, non-curveshot inspired heroes but the last thing we need right now is a possibly overpowered hero being released in the middle of a league season. Enigma should also get shoved in there.

Just do it like... players type -test to vote at the beginning of the game, or use the menu or something.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

Croatia
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    Sometime next week I'll be throwing a testing mod up for changes, but yeah I see the concern there with the league so I'll try to get it on the testing mod before we release an actual version. Hopefully I'll just be throwing updates to that mod whenever I finish them so I can immediately get actual feedback and bug reports.

The goal would be to avoid another Banjoball where I'd throw a huge update up and have random bugs that I couldn't trace for a while (like tackle curves which I still don't know the cause of).

4. Lethal Moderator Staff Member Banjoballer

Ratings:
    +71 / 23 / -12
    Is it possible to get a duplicate league map with 10 slots for subs and obs? Would need to add an observe command. This map could also not feature the new hero.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

Croatia
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    Yeah I can do that I think when I'm back in town next week.

• Like Like x 4
  6. MrRektion loldeg supreme Banjoballer

Ratings:
    +33 / 12 / -3
    oh sure, lethal asked and it's all "YOU GOT IT" but when I do it's as quiet as the future site of a graveyard

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Salt Salt x 1
  7. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

Croatia
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    Here's a list of things I've changed so far whenever I find time:

Bugfixes:
    • Renamed Lina from "Wisp" to "Lina"
    • Fixed collisions when Queen of Pain blinks on top of someone. These shouldn't shoot people everywhere anymore.
    • Fixed the Referee Bug introduced in 0.3
    • Removed one of the two kick-offs that occur immediately after hero selection.
    • Bloodseeker no longer de-roots between rounds if he was using Tackle when a goal was scored.
    • HOPEFULLY delayed the game crashing at the end. There should be around a minute after the scoreboard appears and the game crashes to chat and take screenshots. And then it should crash. I can't really test this, however, so I'm not 100% certain if it worked.

Balance Changes:
    • Earthshaker has a 0.20 second delay on his Slam.

Aesthetic Changes:

• Fixed Tackle particle so that the jumps in the particle are more even and don't end directly behind him.

Expect more changes to come before the next version. This includes things listed in the original post but not yet implemented (except probably the ball changes. Those are going to take some time).

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lethal Moderator Staff Member Banjoballer

Ratings:
    +71 / 23 / -12
    Awesome work, Dayne!! Is it possible to have the ball kicked to the team who was just scored on in the league map (except the first faceoff)?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

Croatia
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    Yeh but I'm gonna do other thangz first.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Biz Top 5 Banjoballer Club Cx

Ratings:
    +47 / 26 / -4
    I feel like the ball shouldn't move/just drop into the middle to remove RNG.

A team who prioritizes NS over AM for example shouldn't have a chance it will roll directly to them on face-off... with good RNG/manipulation this could win/lose a game.

I always hated this mechanic in Banjo... if the ball rolls directly to them it's usually not even worth sprinting or they'll just go past you. In close (1 goal) games, the amount of first-touches could directly impact the winner, it should be a static objective.

11. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

Croatia
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    Yeah that's why I want to do it later. Its something I feel there should be discussion for without just arbitrarily pushing it out one way or another.

12. Civiliznations Member Banjoballer

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +21 / 2 / -1
    But if it doesn't move then players with high ms are punished and the host would always get the ball first.

13. Biz Top 5 Banjoballer Club Cx

Ratings:
    +47 / 26 / -4
    That's a silly way to justify adding RNG to a core game mechanic.

14. Civiliznations Member Banjoballer

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +21 / 2 / -1
    Deciding who gets the ball by RNG is better than one team getting the ball everytime because their internet is better. No more skill involved there.

15. Biz Top 5 Banjoballer Club Cx

Ratings:
    +47 / 26 / -4
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Let's just nerf every single character in the game because Mets & Biz can score 10 goals with them. Better buff ES goalie since Cell can't make a save since he lives in Chile.

Balance needs to be done in a vacuum.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Tenkz #1 NS Worldwide Club Cx

Ratings:
    +48 / 20 / -13

• This This x 1
  17. Civiliznations Member Banjoballer

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +21 / 2 / -1
    There's no point in pretending that ms differences don't exist. I'm pretty sure the host getting the ball every single time at the start allowing for more possession counts as a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  18. K1ngfisher QOP spammer SEA Chief Wiki Editor Banjoballer

Maldives
    Ratings:
    +44 / 15 / -5
    Start with kickoff, remove objective all together. This allows losing team to always gain advantage until they have scored. Matters of ping completely nullified. No need to draft with a ball grabber in mind.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Canoped Future best goalie/defence. Banjoballer

Ratings:
    +6 / 9 / -0
    This is how ive ALWAYS thought it should be. The team with less points should get the ball to start with. If its tied, it can remain the way it is currently.

20. brad Active Member Wiki Editor

United States
    Ratings:
    +36 / 38 / -7
    Just kick the ball in straight line towards the goal of the team that was just scored on. (hint: this is how real sports are played, team a scores, then team b is given the ball for the next kickoff / tipoff / posession). dont base it off of the overall score of the game, thats retarded. do it based on who just scored.

• Like Like x 2
    • This This x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.