Referee Ball Bug Expanded

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by MrRektion, Jul 28, 2015.

1. MrRektion loldeg supreme Banjoballer

Ratings:
    +33 / 12 / -3
    So just now I was helping DrSteel figure out his connection issue and we were messing around with the ball.

We discovered how the referee ball bug exactly happens.

Step 1: Referee shoots ball away
    Step 2: Ball can be passed around as long as nobody uses the "Kick" ability
    Step 3: Somebody walks into their goal area, ball is dropped at the entrance of the zone.
    (Walking around at this point you can see the ball spin and follow you as you change direction)
    Step 4: Step back out of the goal area (from any side), ball snaps back to their possession.

So essentially they're not losing the ball at all, it's just stopped moving once you enter the goalie box and you can't get it back because you technically still have it. If somebody kicks the ball away, it breaks the issue immediately.

EDIT: It's the code to make the goalie drop it just before the referee kick happens. It stays active until another kick has been made, that's why as soon as someone holding the ball and designated "the goalie" re-enters the zone it's dropped immediately like it would just before the referee kick.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  2. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

United States
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    Yeah I noticed this already when I was testing something a couple days ago.

I'll fix it next version (soon™).