Version 0.3 - New Map, Polish and Bug Fixes

Discussion in 'Upcoming Changes' started by Dayne, Jul 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

Croatia
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    Hiya! It's time to talk about the new version (hopefully this Friday)! The biggest change is the new field!

New Field:
    Finally a field that doesn't look awful. I fixed clipping issues on the goal posts, too. The only functional differences is an increased the outer goal box width. The new field was made mostly by Aletah. Here's some screenshots and gfys:
    [​IMG]

Stands:
    [​IMG]

Radiant Goal:
    [​IMG]

Dire Goal:
    [​IMG]

We'll be slowly making the area around the field look better in later versions.

Assist Tracking:
    Hewdraw was busy coding assist tracking last night so it should hopefully be implemented in this coming version.

Referee:
    I'll be taking a look into what's wrong with the referee code later tonight.

Ball Changes
    I decreased the ball's speed, but the ball still goes the same distance as before.

Balance Changes:
    Enigma:
    I'll be testing out buffs to Enigma over the next few versions, but for now:
    • Has an increased AOE for just the ball (and changed some numbers for how it deals with the ball).
    • Starts stronger now (but ends at the same power).
    Night Stalker:
    • Decrease empowered kick power (should still go 1.25x the distance though). This went hand in hand with the ball change.

I feel like I forgot some things, but if I did, I'll add them here later. Except more of these upcoming changes threads every Wednesday.

Edit:
    Oh yeah, now I remember. I'm also going through different tooltips and making them not as bad. Examples are Ninja Jump being renamed to Backflip and Ninja Sprint being renamed to Stealth Sprint. If you guys know of any other things either PM me or just list them here pl0x.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
    • This This x 1
  2. Mets Administrator Staff Member Banjoballer Zealot Hockey

Ratings:
    +68 / 20 / -3
    The new field looks great.

• This This x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Biz Top 5 Banjoballer Club Cx

Ratings:
    +47 / 26 / -4
    Why are all the spectators segregated? ._.

• This This x 1
  4. brad Active Member Wiki Editor

United States
    Ratings:
    +36 / 38 / -7
    Home & Away sections.

5. K1ngfisher QOP spammer SEA Chief Wiki Editor Banjoballer

Maldives
    Ratings:
    +44 / 15 / -5
    I remember when one of my friend's stopped playing after the field colour was changed. He said it looked so ugly. This looks so much better.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

Croatia
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    Yeah... we really needed a new map.

7. brad Active Member Wiki Editor

United States
    Ratings:
    +36 / 38 / -7
    Since you're working on stat tracking, any thoughts on the way saves are tracked? Here's a post I made about it:
    edit:
    Additionally, it's a bit lame that when an Earthshaker goal keeper slams in an attempt to save a shot, but it goes in anyways, that it is counted as an own goal. Because quite frankly, it isn't. In real soccer/football, when a keeper gets a hand on the ball but the shot goes in anyways, it isn't an own goal, that would be ridiculous. A possible solution would be to only count it as an own goal if the ball has been in the box for a certain amount of time, or if the keeper most recently had possession of the ball. Goals should be credited correctly to whoever shot the ball on the opposing team.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    • This This x 1
  8. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

Croatia
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    I haven't looked into it quite yet. I can probably fix this for next version, but right now my attention is going to be devoted to the ref and other things I still need to do.

• Mondle'd Mondle'd x 1
  9. Tenkz #1 NS Worldwide Club Cx

Ratings:
    +48 / 20 / -13
    I selfpassed in net enough to get 98.7% save while still allowing 3 goals.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

Croatia
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    I remember, but honestly it isn't a big priority at all. There's a lot of more pressing issues right now.

brad Yeah no I agree. I'll fix it eventually. But similarly to the above, it's not really a super high priority. That being said, it's not like it'll take long to fix so I can probably do it once we have assist code fully in the game.

11. brad Active Member Wiki Editor

United States
    Ratings:
    +36 / 38 / -7
    Wild speculation: Any thoughts on it possibly being too difficult to score now? Goal keepers are getting stronger with the new posts and increased goal box size, and ball speed has been nerfed as well. Do you think this could drag out games too much?

12. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

Croatia
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    Eh don't worry about it :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Mondle'd Mondle'd x 1
  13. Canoped Future best goalie/defence. Banjoballer

Ratings:
    +6 / 9 / -0
    Excited for these changes! I work friday, but after work I am marathoning the new field. Gotta christen it the good ol fashion way.

• This This x 1
  14. brad Active Member Wiki Editor

United States
    Ratings:
    +36 / 38 / -7
    Any estimate on release date?

15. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

Croatia
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    It's at the top of the post :p
    The goal is to have it ready by tomorrow.

16. brad Active Member Wiki Editor

United States
    Ratings:
    +36 / 38 / -7
    whoops bad at reading comprehension

17. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

Croatia
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    So I ran out of time tonight. I might be able to release the version REALLY late (like after midnight), but I won't have real internet all weekend probably and would rather not update without being able to double check that the release is actually working. I'll see if one of the other devs can release though.

18. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

Croatia
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    Doub post:
    Managed to find time to update the mod, forgot to update the map, too. I suck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.