Version 0.3

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Dayne, Jun 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

Croatia
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    Still 0 idea what's causing the crashing bug.

General:
    • Top team scoreboard now has tooltips with player names.
    • Slam, Ogre Smash, and Remote Mine now give assists upon slamming/smashing the ball-carrier.
    • Sunny fields is now ALWAYS SUNNY.
    • Heroes and the ball always have shadows directly below them.
    • Countdown timer added to the start of the game.
    • At the start of each round, the ball now kicks towards the team last scored on. First round the ball does not move at all.
    • Goalkeepers can now safely kick the ball out of the goal without it counting as a goal. If they hold the ball past the goal line until Roshan comes, however, it will still count as a goal.
    • Roshan finally gets his credits whenever he aids in a goal.
    • Kick strength increased (1550 > 1600).

Balance:
    • Bloodseeker:
      • Removed reduced collision size during Tackle (10 > 50).
    • Enigma:
      • Black Hole cooldown reduced (38 > 32)
    • Invoker:
      • Powershot speed increased (1500 > 1600).
      • Powerdash mana cost removed (30 > 0).
    • Lina:
      • Reduced Pull acceleration speed (350 > 335).
    • Slark:
      • Reduced Backflip height (1100 > 1000).
    • Storm Spirit:
      • Removed Sprint from Storm Spirit.

Bugfixes:
    • Fixed bug with Lina's Pull sometimes not ending properly upon receiving ball.
    • Fixed players being capable of stealing the ball from behind player's backs (aka fixed butt-stealing).
    • Fixed a couple physics collision bugs.
    • Fixed bug occuring when pinging enemy spells.
    • Fixed techies Remote Mine eating assists.
    • Fixed Bloodseeker's Tackle slow.
    • Fixed Referee-related bugs.
    • Fixed Techies remote mines being able to be casted further than its max range.
    • Fixed Ogre Smash's vertical hitbox. It now only affects objects 25 below to 150 above it's normal hitboxes height.

• Creative Creative x 1
    • Drunk Drunk x 1
    • Arhowk'd Arhowk'd x 1
  2. Biz Top 5 Banjoballer Club Cx

Ratings:
    +47 / 26 / -4
    Yay.
    Speaking of timers, why does the game clock start at 1:45?

I feel like the ball should just always drop in the center to be fair to both sides. Random was fair if not advantageous to one team based on RNG. But I feel that a predictable pattern could simply be abused and is unnecessarily giving advantage. Knowing where the ball is going to be (and having it closer to you) results in free ogre-boosts or lina pulls that could win games. In banjo I believed (and proved, if only once luckily) given proper starting positions (1-4) Ogre could be abused on face-off to put heroes in positions they weren't meant to be, and ultimately ruin the game (like scoring on face-off in Real Soccer). Removing the RNG creates consistency for this mechanic; it's only a matter of time.
    Not sure how 3% is going to make much difference, but at least its in the right direction. :thumbsup:
    - I feel like Tackle needs to be faster to compete with lina/qop/storm as a fielding hero. And the cool down is much too long to compete with Invoker as a goalie. The place it's in right now is that of having no niche where it excels. In Banjo it was the most effective aggro goalie; but power sprint just outshines it with extra fancy passes and half the cool down.

- I like the direction trying to make BH viable, but being able to cast your ineffective black hole more often doesn't seem to be the best way. The hole needs to be more sucky (powerful), but with some RNG to make it more than just a point and click 5 second stun.

- Buffing the best goalie hero cause reasons. Why not consider making power-sprint how I originally envisioned it and require them to posses the ball similarly to powershot... it was meant to be a form of self-mobility on-field to enhance its niche as a support hero without it getting trapped outside offensive rotations (in banjo, pshots would just afk at their goal since they were unable to run the field). Having it remain the best goalie while retaining its pass off wall for free 1v1 potential just makes it overloaded in the skill department. Pushing back towards field/support and giving room for tackle to go back in the goal (without the half cd & super pass) seems to be the proper path.

-- Solid incremental nerfs to the best two heroes (Lina/Slark). Coupled with shadows and non-buttsteals these heroes should hopefully feel less op.

- I feel like resorting to removing a vanilla skill from a hero is a sign that hero should not exist. I'm not sure how this will play out, but I assume since we're moving toward stronger kicks (and hopefully smaller/more precise ball & kicks) that self-passing to boost with storm will be a nightmare, and he will just get overrun by every single hero in the game. Hopefully this will push him into a niche as a defensive/passing hero (lightning ball to steal, curve to pass) but I feel like defense is the one area we have an abundance of heroes (lina, bloodseeker, qop, pudge, storm, ~nightstalker, ~invoker) and I would've liked to see him pushed more to a viable offensive curveshot as tenkz so often dreams of, since the only truly viable offensive heroes are slark (banned) and es.

- Replace techies with magnataur when?
    :thumbsup:

• Useful Useful x 2
  3. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

Croatia
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    Game clock starts at 1:45 because a Dayne is lazy.

That's a valid point about the ball drop. I'll see how it affects things. I could always have it go in a random direction within a 120 degree angle towards the team that was last scored on. That way we maintain the favoritism towards the team that got scored on while maintaining a random element enough to avoid it being all ogre now.

1650 or bust?

A black hole placed within the goal box actually stops literally any shot, currently. I'm planning on completely reworking him in the future again, though.

Also, I think you're exaggerating/misreading how the Invoker buffs are going to affect things. The mana cost didn't affect goalkeepers and only on-field play which is a weak spot for Invoker and forces him only into the goal. I'll probably be nerfing Powerdash sooner or later, but I'm holding on until after I do a couple more changes to things (namely hero sizes) to see how that affects things. I'll revisit the Invoker nerfs though sooner or later.

I'm confused about the Storm Spirit statement. There's plenty of heroes without the default sprint, and Storm Spirit only having Ball Lightning isn't a first (literally powersprint).

4. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

Croatia
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    Never added the changelog for 0.3a (June 23, 2016), but it was a hotfix to fix Lina Pull bug and collision bugs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.