What are the Biggest Issues?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Derdan, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Derdan Der "Fabelhafte" Dan Banjoballer

United States
    Ratings:
    +21 / 5 / -5
    With the influx of new players and the first league potentially starting soon, I would like to list some of the most important issues that you all feel are the most important. This will help the developers know what to prioritize.

Banjoball was balanced over two years, which was sometimes challenging when new characters were added. So, of course, balancing is never an easy task. Still, we should strive to continually improve on the shortcomings of Strikers. Doing so will make the game more fun to play and therefore more popular.

Aside from connectivity and game interface issues, which are largely out of our hands, please outline what you think are the most important issues regarding Strikers today. Here are my ideas, in no particular order (please feel free to add, discuss, and refute):

Balancing
    • Enigma
      • Ineffective goalie
      • Overpowered forward with ability to immobilize the enemy goalie
    • Earthshaker
      • Non-existent cast time on ability allows for incredibly easy slamshots
      • Arguably the only viable goalie character
    • Invoker
      • Largely nonviable
      • Lacks a slowing effect on surrounding enemies upon powershot channel (necessary?)
    • Lina
      • Much better balanced than in previous versions, where she was too fast and cooldown was too low
    • Night Stalker
      • Enhanced Kick is overpowered with 1.4 times the power of an ordinary kick; it is nearly impossible to stop a shot on goal
    • Puck
      • Largely ineffective character; swap projectile is slow with small AoE
    • Queen of Pain
      • Blink range should possibly be increased
    • Slark
      • Probably the most popular character; jump is very high still
    • Headers, in my opinion, should be removed entirely
    • Being goalie is very difficult against even decent offensive players
      • Goal posts are very wide (this is being fixed in the next release, I have heard)
      • Lack of good goalie characters
      • Jumping only propels you upward, not at all forward
    • All characters are quite short (increasing their height would make aerial shots easier to stop)
    • Ball pick-up range seems quite small (does anyone have any thoughts on this?)

Miscellaneous
    • Health and mana bars get in the way, as well as player names

I think I've missed a bunch of points that even I had wanted to add. What do you guys think? What are the most pressing issues?

• Drunk Drunk x 1
  2. Nexerius New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 2 / -0
    All good points. I've noticed that Puck's swap orb flies very choppy. Or is that just me?

3. Reaver New Member Banjoballer

Denmark
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    I think when Slark jumps and shoots, the ball goes faster than Bloodseeker can tackle. Would be cool if that could be changed somehow.

4. brad Active Member Wiki Editor

United States
    Ratings:
    +36 / 38 / -7
    I think the ball pickup range seems fine, but I definitely think it needs to be increased while in in the air. It's extremely difficult for goal keepers to save the ball if it is airborne.
    I think this is more noticeable when you have high ping. It always runs smoothly for me when I have <100 ping.
    I agree with the health bar, but mana bar and player names are important tbh.

5. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

United States
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    You get player names when you hover over a player. Mana bars are useful, yes, but that usefulness isn't worth the entirety of the name tag and health bar. We're already planning on removing them in a coming update.

6. Civiliznations Member Banjoballer

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +21 / 2 / -1
    Damn... I really liked the mana bar, would much prefer if it was kept.

7. brad Active Member Wiki Editor

United States
    Ratings:
    +36 / 38 / -7
    Is there going to be an easy well to tell teams apart then? Because the health bar is what does that and without it it's gonna be complete shit unless it's a REALLY obvious effect.

Also, I completely disagree with the usefulness of a mana bar. It's important to see how much sprint is available. It's honestly super convenient to have it over your hero so you don't have to look down at the bottom of the screen. Same with checking your teammates mana.

• This This x 1
  8. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

United States
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21

Yeah, of course there will be. :p

• Mondle'd Mondle'd x 1
  9. K1ngfisher QOP spammer SEA Chief Wiki Editor Banjoballer

Maldives
    Ratings:
    +44 / 15 / -5
    Before I start I am a QOP spammer.

• Enigma: SUGGESTION: Revert blackhole power, Change blackhole nature to 2 AOEs one smaller (around 400 units in diameter) and one that gets activated after 1 second(s). 2nd AOE has the radius of the entire goal post. Heroes caught in smaller AOE will be pulled towards the center and released to the opposite direction at sprint speed for 400 units Heroes caught in 2nd, Larger AOE will be sent at 800 ms towards opposite direction once it ends. Balls will get caught regardless of the 2nd AOE being activated. Any balls that come in contact will be sent in opposite direction after being disabled for 1 second at a missile speed of 1100. and mini-stuns the heroes catching it and will get propelled. Roshan will not count the time the ball gets caught in the blackhole while in the goal post and restarts the timer for when it gets released. Center of blackhole also cannot be placed outside of the map. Once being propelled from blackhole players cannot be caught in it again
    • ES: Balanced. Have to play around the slam cd or force it. Position: Defender
    • Invoker: Great goalie thanks to sprint, great for setting up a pass where teammate gets propelled forwards especially good when your teammates are low mobility. Good lina counter. Balanced for the most part. I won't call him non-viable. Position: Goalie/Defender
    • Lina: Great for long pass counter attacks, usually non-viable against higher skill players since they will ring-around-the rosie your link. Stomps low-skill players. Position Wing/Forward
    • Nightstalker: His only strength is his ability to shoot goals, Good counter to high mobility heroes since he can juke them easily, gets countered by low mobility due to lower stamina. Position: Center Forward
    • Slark: Cannot stop shots. Have to stop them at source. Too much utility with long passes and power. Overpowered currently. Position: Any
    • Puck: Ability to make plays is phenomenal with teamwork. Best defensive -> Offensive transition due to swap makes him/her/it the best counter attacker in game. High skill ceiling makes him/her/it seem underwhelming. Reduce skill ceiling somehow. Position: Midfielder
    • QOP: Opposite of Puck. Used to have the greatest disengage in game but that got nerfed to the ground due to low skill ceiling. Best played as a tempo controller by reading players since blink is a surprise tactic. Increase blink range is good for her. Position: Midfielder.
    • Anti-Mage: Balanced. Position: Wing/Forward
    • Positions don't really matter in this game why did I even bother.

• Arhowk'd Arhowk'd x 1
  10. 13ad7uck. FullofMana Banjoballer

United States
    Ratings:
    +11 / 2 / -5
    russians

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. Sleek ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Banjoballer Zealot Hockey Wiki Editor Club Cx

Ratings:
    +81 / 39 / -16
    mana bars should be kept so cell doesn't have an advantage :sneaky:

• This This x 3