Zoom bug

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Nilumo, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Nilumo New Member Club WeLoveBalls

Denmark
    Ratings:
    +12 / 5 / -0
    Some sort of box which covers the screen depending on the position of camera and how far you are zoomed out. When you have picked your hero, your screen will be a lot further out than the default start, and when you scroll this box appears.

(Several pictures)
    Notice the zoom unit is off the usual count. Most the pictures are +3000 zoom, and you can usual almost see the complete map at 3000.
    Happened twice so far. If I have to think in connection between the two games, both games were my first games as I opened the dota client, and both times I was host. So I have not been able to try reconnect ingame.

2. K1ngfisher QOP spammer SEA Chief Wiki Editor Banjoballer

Maldives
    Ratings:
    +44 / 15 / -5
    Reminds me of when I use OpenGL and go into Showcase mode. (Third person view), you can only see upto a certain range and there is a black wall which you cannot see any further.

3. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

United States
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    Odd... Box shouldn't be appearing. It should be rendering the full map and then going to the panorama zoom I programmed. Have you tried reloading the game either time?

I came across this bug a few times while working on the scoreboard and the zoom, but I thought I fixed it.

4. Myll Developer Banjoballer Developer

United States
    Ratings:
    +38 / 4 / -3
    @Dayne this is fixed like this:

Go to the fog controller entity in hammer, go to the Far Z Clip Plane property which is default -1. Change the value to 6000+, compile map.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dayne Awful Player, Worse Developer Staff Member Banjoballer Wiki Editor Club Cx

United States
    Ratings:
    +170 / 32 / -21
    Oh sick thanks. I've been just setting the render to far in Lua and then changing the camera's height in panorama LOL. I can finally actually make the scroll wheel zoom not silly.